The Merrimack Public Library is a member of GMILCS, a non-profit consortium of 13 public and academic libraries in NH sharing an integrated system, materials, and access to some online resources. GMILCS members' cards are known as "Common Borrower Cards." This means you may use your Merrimack Public Library card to borrow materials from these other consortium libraries. The GMILCS Inc. consortium serves the libraries of Amherst, Bedford, Derry, Goffstown, Hooksett, Hudson, Manchester, Merrimack, Milford, Salem, and Windham, as well as the Henniker and Manchester campuses of New England College.
Please note the following:
- You must have your active library card when visiting other libraries, and your account must be in good standing.
- You may request items to be shipped to any participating library, or you may visit the owning library and check out items there.
- Some items may be restricted from being shipped or limited to members of the owning library only.
- Most items can be returned at any participating library. Interlibrary loan and book group items must be returned to the library they were checked out from.
- Merrimack's museum passes and Library of Things items are restricted to Merrimack patrons and cannot be shipped or returned to any library other than the Merrimack Public Library.
- Other GMILCS library policies may differ from those at the Merrimack Public Library.