The following resources have been temporarily made freely available by their publishers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Library's access to these resources is temporary, and any date referring to them is subject to change without notice.
eBooks, eAudios & Journal Databases
Audible will be providing their Discover collection of classics, children's, and teen audiobooks in various languages for free for "as long as schools are closed."
Over 700 of Cambridge University Press's higher education textbooks will be freely accessible until the end of May 2020. A full list of titles available can be downloaded here.
The following Gale databases have been made freely available for educational use.
- Gale In Context: Middle School - reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and more.
- Gale In Context: High School - support for student papers, projects, and presentations that empowers critical thinking and problem-solving skills with content that aligns with national and state curriculums standards.
- Gale In Context: College - interdisciplinary content that reinforces the development of critical thinking skills, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
The expedited release of JSTOR's 26 journal archives in Public Health will be openly accessible through June 30, 2020.
- Johns Hopkins University Press - all books and journals (through May 31, 2020)
- Ohio State University Press - all books and journals (through June 30, 2020)
- University of Georgia Press - all books (through June 30, 2020)
- University of Nebraska Press - all books and journals (through May 31, 2020)
- University of North Carolina Press - all books (through June 30, 2020)
- University Press of Colorado - all books (through June 30, 2020)
- Temple University Press - all books (through June 30, 2020)
- Utah State University Press - all books (through June 30, 2020)
- Vanderbilt University Press - selected books (through May 31, 2020)
Educational & Children's Resources
Print-outs and activities that encourage creativity and story creation.
Elementary school-level introduction to database searching with easy-to-use resources that feature age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content.
Over 75 educational and entertaining activities to do indoors.
Daily videos that encourage learners to draw, doodle, and explore new ways of writing.
Interactive kindergarten/readiness program introducing students to key concepts in math, science, social studies, language, art, and music.
Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and learning during school closures.
Virtual Story Times