NH law (RSA 202-A:6) states "The library trustees have the entire custody and management of the public library and all of the property of the town relating thereto...excepting trust funds held by the town."
Current Library Board of Trustees
The Merrimack Public Library has a five-member Board of Trustees. The Trustees are elected by the general population, and each serve a 3-year term with staggered election dates.
Current Board Members include:
Debra Covell, Chair (2022) - email@example.com
Karen Freed (2023) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sohini Gupta (2023) - email@example.com
Janet R. Krupp, Treasurer (2021) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Janice Tibbetts, Secretary (2021) - email@example.com
Board Alternate (1-year term) - Currently open (up to 3 positions available)*
*The Town Charter allows for up to 3 Alternate Trustee positions. These are ideal for library supporters who are interested in learning more about Board responsibilities but are unable to commit to a full 3-year term. Alternate Trustees may attend meetings, but are only required to vote when their presence will provide a quorum of the Board (3 members present). Alternate Trustees must be Merrimack residents but should not be current Library employees. If you're interested in applying for one of these positions, please submit a letter of interest and qualifications to Town Manager Eileen Cabanel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are appointed by the Town Council on the Trustees' recommendation.
Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise notes. Currently the Board meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm over Zoom. Occassionally business requires them to meet more often. Meetings recorded on Zoom beginning July 21, 2020 may be viewed on the Library's YouTube Channel. Meetings recorded by MerrimackTV prior to July 2020 can be viewed at MerrimackTV.com.
- January 9, 2021 - Midyear Retreat - Agenda
- January 19, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - agenda coming
Library Trustee Meeting Minutes, FY 2020-2021
- July 21, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- August 11, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- August 18, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- September 12, 2020 minutes (Retreat) DRAFT MINUTES
- September 15, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- October 3, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- October 20, 2020 minutes DRAFT MINUTES
- November 4, 2020 (Budget meeting) minutes coming
- November 17, 2020 minutes coming
- November 30, 2020 minutes coming
- December 15, 2020 minutes coming
- December 22, 2020 minutes coming
- December 29, 2020 Public Hearing minutes coming
Library Trustee Job Descriptions
- Description of Officers & Their Duties (from Bylaws)
Library Trustee Bylaws
- Bylaws (revised May 2018)
Library Trustee Investment Policy